6.6 pounds Muntons Wheat Liquid Malt Extract
1 ounce Saaz pellet hops (3.8 alpha)
1 ounce Hallertauer pellet hops (4.7 alpha)
Wyeast Weihenstephan Weizen (3068)
2 good sized Mangos
Makes 5 gallons.
- Steep the Mango in .5 gallons of 160 degree water for 40 minutes and allow to cool to ~70 degrees.
- Bring 1.5 gallons of water to a rolling boil.
- Add the 6.6 pounds of Wheat Liquid Malt Extract and the first .5 ounces of Hallertauer pellet hops to the boil.
- Add 1 ounce of Saaz pellet hops to the boil 40 minutes in.
- Add the second .5 ounce of Hallertauer pellet hops to the boil 50 minutes in.
- At 60 minutes take the boil off heat and cool to ~70 degrees.
- Filter the Mango steep into 2 gallons of cool water in the primary fermenter.
- Filter the wort into the primary fermenter.
- Pitch the yeast.
- Top off the primary to just over 5 gallons.
Thursday, May 05, 2011
17:00 - Activate smack pack of Wyeast Weihenstephan Weizen.
20:00 - Pitch yeast into starter and let sit.
Saturday, May 07, 2011
10:50 - Put a gallon and a half of water on the burner in one pot and a half gallon in another.
11:06 - Brought the large pot of water to a steap and added the Malt Extract.
11:29 - Large pot of water at a boil, added first .5 ounce of Hallertauer.
11:30 - Added chopped and skinned Mango to the small pot of water stabalized at 160.
12:09 - Took small pot of Mango off the burner to cool and added 1 ounch of Saaz to the large boil.
12:19 - Added the last .5 ounce of Hallertauer boil.
12:29 - Removed the boil from the heat and added the strained and cooled Mango boil to the primary fermenter.
13:00 - Strained and added the boil to the primary fermenter and topped off with cool water to just over 5 gallons.
13:02 - Ptiched the yeast.
13:25 - Stored in a cool (~70), dark place.
Balling Point: 13
Sunday, May 15, 2011
19:15 - Siphoned from primary fermenter to secondary fermenter and put back into its cool dark place.
Balling Point: 4
Monday, May 30, 2011
19:45 - Primed with 5/8 cup of sugar, 3/4 pound of lactose, and 2 ounces of vanilla. 19:50 - Bottled and capped and put in a cool dark place to carbonate.
Gravity: 1.012 Percentage: 1% Balling Point: 4